Work in progress 08 + other news:
1. More patchwork wallpockets.
More WIP here.
2. Yesterday was a super good day for me. My hubby spent the morning with Big J, while I went into the city to meet up with Eireann. She is as sweet and lovely as one would expect and one of the most gifted people I've ever met. Have you seen her work? Amazing. She brought me this lovely bundle of goodies--everything is so pretty I didn't want touch it. [Sorry for the poor photo quality, I snapped this shot while the sun was going down.] I hope our paths cross again, I could spend all day chatting with Eireann.
3. After my time with Eireann, I drove around the corner to meet up with Melissa + Sam for lunch. Note to self: If you agree to meet up at the Laughing Planet on N. Mississippi Avenue, you shouldn't be waiting at the Laughing Planet on Belmont for 45 minutes. Not good. After having a "OH MY GOSH WHAT WAS I THINKING" moment, I made it to the other location for a lovely lunch with my oh-so-gracious friend. [Sorry again Melissa!]. And she even brought me some of this cute fabric. Yes, I'm lucky she's still my friend.
4. We've been having some light showers here in Portland. I noticed Portlanders rarely/never use umbrellas. So a hooded jacket or hat is essential. Here's a photograph of Baby J while we were waiting at the wrong restaurant yesterday.
5. After lunch I went to the airport to pick up my sister, brother-in-law and nephew. They'll be staying with us for the rest of the week so that means a lot of cuddling and kisses for my nephew. Its funny how Baby J looks like a giant compared to his 7-month-old cousin.
6. We'll be celebrating my hubby's birthday this week [already ordered his favorite tres leches cake from Pambiche], taking a trip to the beach and enjoying some good ol' family time. Then I have several freelance projects to finish up before we take a little road trip to the bay area. The hubby has a conference to attend in SF, so we're tagging along. This may be our first and last road trip with both boys. Although I lived in the bay area for six years, I haven't been back for three. If you have any recommendations for good restaurants or shops [I'll definitely be visiting Britex], please leave your suggestions in the comments section. [Thanks in advance!]
7. If you made it this far in the post, give yourself a pat on the back.